St Charbel’s College is a highly regarded independent co-educational Catholic School with a K-12 enrolment of over 1,100 students. The College operates under the auspices of the Lebanese Maronite Order of Monks. The College promotes a love of learning and the Gospel values of justice, peace, love, compassion, acceptance, generosity and service.
St Charbel’s College is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Accountant to support and complement the Business Manager in the efficient and effective administration of financial and administrative matters within the College. The position forms part of the Support Staff within the Finance Department of the College, and reports directly to the Business Manager and College Principal.
This role is a full-time role with key duties that involve (but is not limited to):
- General ledger reconciliation, including calculation and processing of month-end journals
- Full function Accounts payable, including payments to other creditors
- Maintenance of the College’s fixed assets register
- Preparation of GST calculations and lodgement of Business Activity Statement (BAS)
- Managing of the College’s contracts with external suppliers
- Liaising with the College’s external auditors
- Other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Business Manager and/or the College Principal
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant must have:
- A valid Working With Children Check for employment purposes
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Accountant (Previous working experience within the educational sector will be beneficial)
- Xero experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, as well as an ability to work autonomously
To apply for this role, please forward a resume and covering letter addressing the position requirements. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Applications close 30th September 2021.